
Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own. ~Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons
Seriously, I had no idea how much I would embrace being Mommy until I actually became a Mommy. I wasn't one of those people that wanted to hold babies or always dreamed of being a mom. Simms seemed to be better with kids than me. But there is just something that happened when I first met each of my little ones and I cannot imagine my life any other way. Well I can imagine it differently but I don't desire it to be any other way than it is right now.
For me this means that...
...when Barber or Jeter wants to snuggle for 'just one more song'
...when I am making stuffed animals converse, race cars, create I-have-no-idea-what-it-is with legos or k'nex or build forts in a room that I just straightened and cleaned
...when I make time to read a book or run around outside or even attempt a craft project
...when I spend a day caring for a little one that doesn't feel good and the best medicine seems to be snuggling in my arms (when there is a sink full of dishes and a pile of laundry to care for)
...when there seems to NEVER be enough hours in the day for me to accomplish all that I've set out to do
...when I am answering so many questions that I cannot even think straight
I try to remember to treasure each moment and the time I have with them now. I try to not stress about the little things. Time is passing quickly and although I can see the babies I once cradled in my arms when I check in on the boys and give them one last kiss for the day, I recognize the reality that they are growing up.
Motherhood is not easy but I can't imagine not including this as a facet of who I am.
Have something to add regarding this quote? Please do so and link up below. Have a blessed Monday!
2 comments:
Hey, thanks for another thought-provoking quote (and the photograph is beautiful)!
Love the photo of Jeter. I decided to post a photo too!
Post a Comment