Christ is present when the weak are loved and served. ~Matt Mooney
No real analysis for me today. Simply put - we are in the process of experiencing this on the receiving end right now. Please note - I am not saying our experience is equal to what the Mooney's have faced, but simply put, I can relate. With Simms pending surgery tomorrow and Rayda's scheduled surgery for Wednesday - the Campbell boys could easily be classified as weak when looking at what they are each battling physically.
Then I am reminded of what the scripture says regarding weakness and strength. Here are a few verses on the subject:
Then I am reminded of what the scripture says regarding weakness and strength. Here are a few verses on the subject:
- Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. ~Joel 3:10 KJV+ (emphasis mine)
- We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. ~Romans 15:1 KJV+
- Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size - abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. ~2 Corinthians 12:10 The Message (emphasis mine)
It is through these scriptures that I am encouraged. Although, in the natural we are facing a really difficult time our mindset does not need to be weakened. It will be if I focus on the circumstances but I have to do what the third verse states - let Christ take over. It is when I do this that I am able to rise above the circumstances. That is when the pit in my stomach disappears and my faith is renewed.
Many of you have been loving us - through words and actions. Thank you! It isn't easy for me to receive help from others. I am much more comfortable with the giving end and being strong. However, I am learning how to receive during this time and let me tell you - Christ IS present.
Please join me in sharing your thoughts this week. If you are blogless, leave a comment and if you are blog(full) - HA! - link up below! I don't have the quote for next week yet but a preview will be posted before the end of the week.
Please join me in sharing your thoughts this week. If you are blogless, leave a comment and if you are blog(full) - HA! - link up below! I don't have the quote for next week yet but a preview will be posted before the end of the week.
4 comments:
Amen to the quote, and we will be keeping the guys in prayer for successful surgeries and quick recoveries.
Praying for you guys this week!!
All the best tomorrow as you face the surgery. God be with you and our prayers surround you.
This just reminded me. Some times when I sing "Jesus loves me" to Princess she says "No, Mommy. Strong." For some reason she likes the line "they are weak, but he is strong."
Post a Comment