19 March 2008

Colorific!

46

According to a number of tests, I have somehow become color deficient in my *ahem* old age. You know what tests I am talking about? The ones with all the dots and you're supposed to see numbers and objects in them. I always did well on them (meaning I got them all correct) throughout my *ahem* youth - and I did get my eyes checked regularly!

Fast forward to pregnancy #2. I had my eyes checked toward the end of the pregnancy and I felt like an idiot because some cards I could see exactly what I was supposed to and others just looked like a lot of different sized dots. I was assured that I am not colorblind, merely color deficient. This doesn't make sense to me though. I am pretty creative and color coordinate so how can I be color deficient? I told my mom and she said something must have been wrong with the test. So, as any normal color seeing person, I determined that along with the baby in my belly sucking out all my memory brain cells (c'mon, you mamas know what I am talking about - I had to write everything down or I would totally forget!) and adding some stretch marks in a different place than my first son (he needed to make his mark too you know), he now was also going to effect the cones in my eyes. Since it didn't really impact my life I just figured this would fix itself after said pregnancy.

What do you think happened?

I'm still color deficient according to the tests online. I took them again. Not colorblind mind you. There is a difference. I guess I can't be too upset - and it's probably not fair to blame Barber for this. Besides he did give me my curly hair.

Now you may be asking "what in the world does any of this have to do with the bloggy quiz above"? Why 'color' of course and the fact that even though I may be color deficient I was still able to name 46 colors in about 5 minutes. Let me know how you do.

4 comments:

Livin' Life said...

I think that's funny. I am not even going to attempt to take this test. To cerebral for me. I like colors but racking my brain in a time test seems stressful to me. You guys are amazing that you can even take them. I guess it is the analytical, math thing coming through. Good JoB!!

Trish said...

Very fun - I came up with 52. We have been coloring more lately, so I started thinking of all the crayon color names I have seen!

Kim said...

I'm amazed that you are color deficient. I love your blog colors. They coordinate so beautifully. I came across your blog kind of accidentally, and love the look. We also have some things in common. I too taught high school kids (English), though that was about 9 years ago. I also LOVE your playlist of music. Nice blog!

Linda said...

I only got 39...that's sad!

Found you through Kim's blog!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...