22 February 2008

Enjoying the Snow...Finally!

School was cancelled today. This means that days are going to be added to the end of the school year. Jeter doesn't seem to mind too much though. With health being restored in our home, we were able to get bundled up and enjoy the snow. Hooray!

I blew up the tube and we went tubing down the slope in the backyard. SO MUCH FUN! Even Barber went by himself. I knew he would join in the fun soon enough. It only took a couple years longer than I expected. What a blast we had together!

Once I saw their cheeks getting super rosey I told the boys they could have 3 more turns and then we would go inside to warm up. Thankfully they easily complied. I think the knowledge of yummy hot chocolate with marshmallows made leaving the snow a bit easier.

I haven't gotten any "work" done around the house but we have had a blast together and it has been A LOT of fun being Mommy today!

2 comments:

Tarrah said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! We need to remember to just be mommies every once in a while and leave the house work for later.

Anonymous said...

It was nice to finally get snow, not just freezing rain/sleet!
Sounds like you had a great time with your boys. And the hot chocolate afterwards is always a nice mommy touch.

Glad you enjoyed it also! Fun times.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...