We're talking about my dear 3 year old, Barber.
He started to want to pick his own clothes out way too soon for this mama's liking. It hasn't been an easy transition but we are now in a place where he is independently selecting clothes...with some guidance.
How does this work?
I tell him what he needs - such as pants and a long sleeve shirt. Now if you know Barber, you understand that he doesn't like long sleeves - at all. It could be said that he loathes long sleeves. However, thankfully, he complies with some approved amendments to my request. He wears a short sleeved t-shirt (or polo shirt) on top and then pushes or rolls up the long sleeves so they are above his elbow.
Stylish I know. How long will this style last? My guess is until the temperatures rise again.
04 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
I might have a solution for you, courtesy of Josiah's occupational therapist. What you are describing is a sensory issue. I know them well b/c Alyssa has many of them. We'll talk!
Dr. D is that way - with sleeves and socks! I've always just let it go - I guess when he's cold, he'll cover up. He just has always, always had little quirky issues like that for years - he also used to love to touch things, lick things, smell things. Shawn G used to say that he was like some of his former clients (from his first job at that counseling clinic).
Regarding the clothes: he runs hot, so it just became a non-issue after a while. And when I wonder who's socks are laying on the floor AGAIN!, I can be reasonably sure they are Dr. D's! I just always leave out their short sleeve t-shirts all year long, with a couple pair of shorts for good measure.
Generally speaking I think it is because his body temperature seems to be more like Simms than me (read warmer).
It also certainly doesn't help that it is January and over 50 degrees outside. My mind is thinking turtleneck but even today - I have a short sleeved tee on!
Post a Comment