04 November 2007

Some Barber Tales

Barber: Mommy, I'm hungry.

Me: Barber. It's bedtime. We just ate dinner a little while ago. Now it's time to go to bed.

Barber: But Mommy, I'm really hungry.

Me: Well that must mean that you will eat a really good breakfast in the morning because right now it is time to go to bed.

Barber: You know Mommy sometimes little boys tell their Mommy that they are really hungry and sometimes their Mommy says okay and gets them something to eat.

Me: Really? What would the Mommy give to the little boy?

Barber: A banana.

Now I have to tell you I was pleased and impressed by the fact that Barber did not whine or throw a tantrum (something we have been working on) but rather chose to talk with me and attempt to use reason. I also realized that my little boy was really hungry because he asked for a healthy food - not junk. And above all it is extremely rare for my Barber to ever say that he is hungry. So I became one of those Mommy's that sometimes has a little boy that says he is hungry and got him a banana - which he ate in less than five minutes! Maybe he is growing?

Last night Simms and I were watching a movie when we heard Barber's footsteps upstairs. I ran upstairs to find him in our room looking for us because he had to go potty. (It was around 10PM). As he was going potty he told me in no uncertain terms "Mommy, you and Daddy been downstairs for a long time. It is time for you to go to bed!" Every time I think about it I smile.

Barber, you are a sweet precious child. I love you more and more each and every day!

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...