17 September 2007

Who's Painting Your Canvas?

Last week was the kick-off to the 2007-2008 season of MIA. Our theme for this year is Gaining God's Perspective. To introduce the theme, we began with a short video that you can check out here if you are interested. Then I shared a testimony of sorts.
The world's judgement of me is according to my accomplishments on Earth. Jesus' judgement is in a different light.

~John Bevere, Driven by Eternity (p. 152)
So...whose judgement are you living under? Past judgements that people may have innocently or not-so-innocently spoken over you - saying you are shy or boisterous, timid or out of control, unorganized or a neat freak, etc.? Present judgments - comparing yourself to other women or moms you know or worse yet, images of what you think you are supposed to be like? Future judgments - meaning the goals that are set for you...what are they based on? Success? Money? Material things?

Based on the answers to these questions, let me ask one more. How free are you to be YOU? Do you even know who you are? Okay, that is two questions...

So, what is the price of this freedom I speak of?

This is the point where I shared my testimony at the meeting. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post...

3 comments:

Promises said...

This is so good. It touched me before the MIA meeting, during the MIA meeting (once you had the tapestry analogy), and again while I am reading it.

So many times in my life I have felt rejected etc., but Jesus paid the price and I know that I do not have to come under that rejection feeling.

So, who am I? I am a daughter of the living God who is still desiring to know all of the giftings that God has put into me. I am still learning who I am, and have been becoming more free to be who I am. This has not been easy for me since I got married (I am speaking about being around others, not around my hubs) - but the Lord is taking me into new places with Him - which you know more about than others...and for now, we will keep it that way!

Wow - that could have been a post of my blog, but I wanted to answer your question with what was on my mind and in my heart at this time.

Melissa said...

Sadly, I find that the picture I am seeing of myself depends on the day I am having. Jeans too tight....then I'm fat and worthless. Yelled at the kids...then I am racked with guilt and shame. Prayed for someone in the parking lot....then I am a child of the Most High God who hears me and I have power in His name.

Yup. That is so wrong to let my circumstances affect me like that, but I figured I'd give you an honest answer. :-)

Mrs. C said...

Sis...I get so excited when I see you walking in VICTORY!

Melissa - you are not alone and I'm grateful for your transparency. Honestly, you are most likely in the majority. Reality is you don't have to muster up anything huge to walk in this freedom. I'd keep writing but then I would be including my part II and III. I'll be praying for you and trusting that the picture of who He created you to be would be revealed!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...