Soccer season is upon us...and I am loving it! Is it possible to be a "soccer mom" without the negative connotation? If so, that is me.
I wanted to write about Jeter's first game last Saturday but have been so busy with MIA...more on that in a later post.
Back to Jeter. He scored his first goal ever in a game! Woo Hoo! He has scored in scrimmages but hasn't been able to do it during a game. I know I cheered loudly. So did Simms. Couldn't help it. I was so proud of him. He so enjoys the game of soccer (says he wants to coach it when he grows up), and as his Mommy it is just such a pleasure to see him succeed in something he enjoys. This is his third season which shows that practice is necessary for success. As if the first goal wasn't enough, he scored a second one (!!!) - which was taken away because of a controversial off-sides call. People...they are 6 and 7 year olds.
So today is his second game. Hooray!
I just enjoy sports (watching that is). Can you guess what I watched last night? I'll give you a hint. My team won 8-7.
**Updated: Jeter's team won again today. 2-0. He played great. He was in the goal for the first half and was always ready but didn't really see any action. Coach kept him in the entire second half and he was constantly in the mix. He kept his eye on the ball and kept it moving in the direction it needed to be. He had some great offensive passes and a few defensive kicks too. What a great way to start our day!**
15 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
4 comments:
Yeah Jeter!
We had so much fun going to Jeter's game - he has improved so much! Yea for Jeter!
Way to go Jeter..........attending your kids sports and cheering them on opens up a whole new world. With my kids both being 10 and 12, we are now in the sports world pretty deep.
Welcome and enjoy! :)
That's awesome! My husband LOVES soccor & I really hope one of my children will want to play.
How awesome it must be to see your child enjoy something so much and bee so good at it.
Post a Comment