Barber is currently working on adding "may I" to his requests. Or rather we are working on reminding Barber to add "may I" to his requests.
Here's a sampling of our progression this morning:
"Have more milk!"
"Pleeeeeeese have more milk!"
"Please...have MORE milk!"
"Have more milk please Mommy!"
"Please! I have more milk!"
"Please. Have. More. Milk."
and...finally...
"Please, may I. Have more milk."
Success!!! It may be temporary meaning I am prepared to remind him of the proper way to make requests a bazillion times but He. Will. Get. This.
09 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
Adorable. Isn't fun watching their little minds work? That's one of those little joys of parenting. :)
Enjoy!
good for you for working on those manners. it's so cute to see it start to come together.
Have you ever heard of William Bennett's, "Book of Virtues?" There is a really cute story in there about saying Please.
BTW, I don't think I properly congratulated you on your new "home makeover" WOW! I love your new blog layout, colors, cool signature.....everything! Isn't it fun! It really looks great, I like the chairs at the top, it makes me feel like sitting down with you and having coffee together. :)
Post a Comment