23 March 2007

Does Anybody Hear Her?

You may or may not have noticed the new song that started as you opened up this page. It is by Casting Crowns (one of my favorite groups). On fire's recent post reminded me of the importance of not getting too comfortable with my surroundings. It reminded me of what God has always called me to - to show His love to everyone - in whatever way He asks me to. This was relatively easy for me to do while I taught in the high school. I was surrounded by many who weren't Christians. But now that I stay home with my boys, it is easy to get too comfy and involved with various activities that do not challenge me in the same way. So I am asking God to show me how and where to make changes so that I can fulfill what is planned - I don't want to miss a single chiros moment.

Does anybody hear her?
Can anybody see?
Or does anybody even know she's going down today
Under the shadow of our steeple
With all the lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me
Does anybody hear her?
Can anybody see?

Lord, may you open my ears and eyes to those that are lost and lonely.

3 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

So neat how God works. He WILL speak to you and since you are His daughter, you will act!

Kelli said...

Casting Crowns is one of our favorite bands at the moment. We appreciate their honesty. Their songs remind me so much of Keith Green-the man who encouraged the church to love those who seem unlovely.

I very much understand your concern. Many times I feel isolated, not in a negative way, but in thinking that my sphere of influence got so much smaller. :) This is a season of our lives to be here in His perfect place: to show our kids what love is. You are doing an excellent job and will not miss a moment.

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time that I heard this song - I was in my car and I had been praying as to whether I was to volunteer at the pregnancy center or not. I felt the tugging on my heart, but I just wanted to be sure. This song confirmed to me that I was to take a step of faith and volunteer there, so that I can reach out to those that need someone to listen to them and love on them.

The Lord will show you what He has for you as well. :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...