I spent New Years Eve with family - we put the kids to bed at Grammie and Poppy's house and toasted the New Year with them (G&P), lil' sis and Dawson.
I told Simms that there is no one in this world that I would prefer to start this New Year with...he is truly a gift and blessing to my life.
So now it is 2007. We actually spent this afternoon celebrating Brady's first birthday. Can I just tell you he is the most adorable one-year-old I know?!? It was great to see him playing with Jeter and Barber. Overall they play so well together...of course with the parental reminders to not take toys out of each others hands, not bop each other on the head with balloons, and no, you can not play train with Brady because when you put your hands on his shoulders he will fall down (he only started walking in the last month!).
Many people spend today working on their New Years' Resolutions. I have never been one to bother with resolutions. I am constantly coming up with new goals that identify what I would like to achieve anyway...and that goes on all year long. Sometimes I am successful in achieving a particular goal and sometimes it becomes a "try again" or "do over" goal.
Today, January 1, 2007, is different for me. I am not sure you can even call this a resolution, but about a month ago, while spending time with the Lord, I sensed that this coming year was going to be a year of healing for our family. I admit I didn't embrace this initially but rather responded in a "well, that would be nice" attitude. However, after having this come to the forefront of my mind every time I thought of the pending new year, I finally embraced it. Since then, I have experienced a new level of freedom. I am excited about what the Lord is going to do in our lives and do not dread failure. He is God and He does not fail. My role is to carefully listen and heed His direction - and then obey. He will take care of the rest. Even this morning, as I was getting ready, I pondered this and asked what he meant by healing...did he just mean physical healing? I don't have the whole picture yet, but believe that our lives are going to change (spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally). Areas, where healing is needed, are going to be taken care of and then we are going to be called to a new level. I don't fully understand what all of this means for our corner, but I am reminded of the many people throughout history that haven't fully understood what God spoke to them and still chose to walk by faith.
So WHY do I share this with YOU (you know, all 5 of you)? I have seriously considered hitting the delete button numerous times, but my spirit trusts HIM and I know that I am supposed to share this...for some reason... Maybe He just wants me to "say" it "out loud"? Whatever the reason, I have learned to obey Him even when I don't understand. Even when no one else understands.
On that note, may you have a Happy New Year. May this year be marked by the fulfillment of every plan and purpose He has for your life.
01 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
We had a great time at Joshua's party and BC and JCC are the BEST cousins!
Thank you for what you wrote about the new year and what God has for you and your family (in which I will include myself!). Healing is an awesome thing and I will claim that for our family. However, what really stands out to me is remembering to ask the Lord to show me what He has in store for me and my family - not just the goals that I would like to achieve. So, thanks for the reminder sis - you are the best! See you soon!
Maybe you wrote this, so that when you "pop" into my thoughts, I know what to pray for you this year!
Good direction! And you WILL be in my prayers, this year!
Post a Comment