08 January 2007

Football Farewell

You may or may not be aware that the NY Giants season is officially over after their 23-20 loss last night to the Eagles last night. Ouch. I am just grateful that they played better then they have the second half of the season. (We taped it while we were at a party last night and then watched it when we got home!) I cannot help but wonder if this is really the last game we will see Tiki play!?! I also wonder if we will have to endure another season with Coughlin's coaching skills. He has truly brought the discipline he talked about 3 years ago when he became our head coach (sarcastically stated). How high are we ranked with penalties? Our "favorite" one seems to be "false start". That is something I hope we can get under control next season. For those of you that could care less about football (which is maybe all of you except maybe one or two) I know you are letting out a sigh of relief that you will be spared posts on this topic...for at least a few months anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although it is very sad that the Giants will not be playing anymore, one thing that I have to say is...GO PATRIOTS!!! Your lil' sis and bro and nephew are very excited about that. And I think that JCC is happy that at least one of the teams that he likes is moving on. We will have to tape the game next week since it starts at 4:30 next Sunday! We will miss about 2 hours of it!

Well, hopefully the Giants will be a better team next year. I think that a new coach is definitely in order for them - we will see what happens!

Anonymous said...

Well, this Eagles household is cheering - and greatly anticipating Saturday night's game. Honestly, I never liked pro-football till we moved here. But the MOM in me has decided to "join 'em" since I won't be "lickin" them, and we've turned any and all Eagles games into MAJOR FAMILY EVENTS. I go all out now, pizza, snacks, screamin' and cheerin' with the gang and high fives. And this week, we even opened the house to the teens in the church to come hang out with the Whitneys' for the big night. It's official, I'm an Eagles maniac, with my flag a flyin' - really, I have a real Eagles flag :) And I have my chickadees home, where I know what they are doing and who they are with ;)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...