1. Witnessing Barber awaiting Jeter's return from school. Jeter exits the bus and their faces light up as they say "hi" to each other and walk/run to embrace. Momentarily, the world around them ceases to exist...and then I remind them that it is time to go home.
2. Jeter calls out from anywhere in the house, "Mom?" I answer "Yes." He responds, "I just love you so much."
3. Barber crawling into my lap with his favorite things (blanket, lambie and spot) just to snuggle. That must mean, for that moment, I too am one of his favorite things.
4. Listening to Barber and Jeter pour out their hearts to God in their simple and sincere prayers.
5. Capturing the small signs of independence at each stage of Barber's and Jeter's lives - hearing Barber praying for his food without me (I was getting him something to drink) or observing Jeter's problem solving skills.
I know that these moments will not last forever. Time passes. However, each can be savored...remembering that the laundry, vacuuming, and even dinner will get done eventually. This isn't natural for me. I am a planner and am most comfortable when my day is scheduled with my "to do" list. Success is then measured by how many tasks have been completed. Today, I am reminded again that I am MOMMY and this is on my list everyday, never to be checked off.
12 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
Amen! Thanks for the reminder that my to-do list has "mommy" on it also.
Very Cool! I love your kids! I love being a mommy too - and I am glad that it never gets crossed off!
Post a Comment