The Fun:
- 19 people, representing four generations, gathered around tables put together in the shape of a T enjoying turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, bread, etc.
- Feeding a 2-1/2 year old while trying to carry on 3 conversations at the same time. Some would label this as stressful. I choose to look at it as comedy in action.
- The wonderful conversations that I had with family...catching up on LC's life out in San Diego and KC's life in law school; getting to know Mima better with every conversation; learning about what the B-boys are up to and their current likes and dislikes.
- Jeter coming to me and saying gleefully, "Mom...wait till you hear this. When I tell you, you are going to freak out!" Yes, he actually said "freak out". Then he added "I touched a snake! It's a python!" You will be pleased to hear that I did not freak out. Why? Jeter was standing in front of me, healthy and not hurt. Plus, there was no snake in sight for me to have to deal with.
- Very little traffic to deal with to and from NJ.
- All four of us sleeping in the same room. Barber was in a sleeping bag on the floor on my side of the bed and Jeter was on Simms' side of the bed.
- Barber continuously calling Uncle EC "Unca Sott". We aren't really sure why the mix up existed except for the fact that both of them shave their heads!
- The Wedding - details of which will be in its own post.
- Being together for 5 whole days!
Bittersweet:
- The Giants loss. What is happening to my team?!? They had it made until the last 10 minutes and then the Giants tumbled. Did the other team have a slingshot or something?
- Our 92 year old grandpa broke his ankle at 5:30am on Friday. Grandma was beside herself to say the least. Thankfully surgery went well and prayerfully the healing process will continue without complication.
- Enjoying the special time we had with Uncle EC and Aunt KC...and then having to say good-bye knowing that we probably will not see them until next year.
- Having Barber fall asleep in my arms because he missed his nap. Very sweet, but holding 28 pounds for almost 2 hours, even with the help of a couch, gave me a bitter (painful) feeling in my left arm that showed up 2 days later...and is still lingering.
- Hugs and kisses from those that you love and don't get to visit with often enough.
All in all, it was an enjoyable time with family. Now we are home and I have a ton of things to do!!! Laundry, unpacking, getting ready for our open house, unpacking, laundry, getting the house cleaned up and organized (I am so not "drop in" ready right now). Did I mention the unpacking and laundry? Just guess what I am going to do right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment