15 September 2006

Mommy's Little Sweetheart

Barber's personality has really burst over the last couple of weeks - maybe because of the new amount of Mommy time that he is getting with Jeter in Kindergarten. Regardless, it has been wonderful to have my little helper with me and I have enjoyed the small differences. Like putting him down for a nap - and it's just Barber and me (up till now, Jeter would hang around in the room waiting for us to be done).

One of our special times is getting ready for nap and bed. The routine is pretty much the same. I carry the milk and blanket upstairs and we go into the bathroom to "bruss teef". He is surprisingly very good at this (AuntCR would be quite proud). When he is done I pick him up, he spits into the sink, turns the water on, rinses his brush, turns the water off, taps his brush and then puts it away in the drawer. Then we go to his room. It is time to read books. He especially likes the ones where he can press the buttons. So first we read a Blues Clues book where when you push the buttons you sing songs. He sings and dances. Then we read a short Winnie-the-Pooh book and on super special days we have added a Thomas the Tank Engine book where when you push the buttons it makes the noises of the various characters. The light is turned out and music is turned on (he currently listens to Vineyards "Hungry" CD) and he drinks his milk while I pray with him. NOW it is time for nap. Here comes one of my FAVORITE parts. I am not exactly sure how this evolved but Barber and I have a special way to say "night night"- kind of like how people have a "secret handshake".

Here it is:
1. Hug
2. Kiss
3. "noses" - my Dad called this an "Eskimo Kiss" when I was young
4. "noggin" - this came straight from Finding Nemo when Squirt gets back to his dad Crush

That's it. Not much but it has become so special to me. Of course now I see him sharing it with his Dad, Lil' sis, Grammie and Poppy. Oh well, not much of a "secret" anymore...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a special secret handshake - and I was so blessed when he included me in on it! BC is such a sweetie - so gentle and so cuddly! I love him so much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is amazing! :) I have to get into this! :) Sounds like you are having such a beautiful time being a mom, and it sounds like your two boys are two VERY blessed little men! :) Love you and can't wait to get caught up!! Lots of love, TD
*Joshua 1:9*

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...