19 April 2010

Jeter's First Homemade Dinner

While running errands I was deciding what to make for dinner and then I thought...Jeter could learn how to make this meal.

And that is exactly what happened.

It was so much fun, we talked about doing this together on the weekends.

We worked as a team. I did the yucky and adult stuff (like touched the raw chicken and place the completed dish into the oven) but he took care of all the rest - mixing, spreading, melting, stirring, etc. And when his technique needed some tweaking, I showed him what to do and he did it. We even talked about timing and how to set the timer so you would know when to prepare the sides to go with the entree.

At dinner, we thanked Jeter for making us such a wonderful meal. Barber thought that was pretty crazy that his brother made a dinner that "looked like mom made it". I couldn't be more proud of my son who is really and truly going to be nine...he's keeps growing up!

Want to make Jeter's dinner? I've posted the chicken recipe before. Simply prepare rice (we prefer basmati) and a veggie of your choice and/or salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...