09 February 2009

Week Five: Time is Important to Me

Last week could have been very discouraging. If you don't remember I had gained 0.9 lbs which, on any other scale (besides Wii Fit) would have registered as a full pound. Thankfully, Simms continued to encourage me - reminding me that we are on a journey that will have peaks, valleys and even some temporary plateaus.

He was right.

I officially have said good-bye to 4 pounds since last Monday which means a total of 10.1 pounds since we began this journey!!! That is definitely something to smile about.

Natalie asked us what our love language is. I believe that she is referencing Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages that so many of you have probably read cover to cover. I needed a refresher and ended up finding a little test that you can take. As a result of the test, I learned that Quality of Time is my primary love language (30%) and Acts of Service came in second (23%) with Words of Affirmation (20%) close behind that. Really - this is no surprise to me.

3 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Wonderful news on your weight loss!!

Test Results:

Percent Language Score

23% Words of Affirmation

23% Quality Time


Receiving Gifts 7%

Acts of Service 17%


Physical Touch 30%

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for posting that quiz. I'm off to take it now.

I have that book on my list of things to read, have started it, but have never completed it. Like soooo many of the non-fictions I have piled high around here. I get information overload about 1/3 or 1/2 way through!

And great job on the ten lbs ~ I gotta kick it up a notch. Ugh.

Promises said...

go sis!!! You look great too! Thanks for watching the boys for me! I am looking forward to posting that I have lost 10 pounds too! Right now, I think that I am still around 3 lbs lost (and I am not ever going to try and find them!)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...