It's Monday. The day after the Super Bowl. The Steelers won (hooray for my friends who love the Steelers!). The day where I have to "weigh in". And...it's the 2nd day of my cycle. Can you sense my enthusiasm?
Verdict? I gained 0.9 lbs. I know that is only 0.1 away from equalling one whole pound but you know what - it isn't quite a whole pound and, given the circumstances, I'm happy about that.
I knew the numbers wouldn't be great. Even without the Super Bowl. Last week seemed to be a weird week. I was eating well, drinking water and exercising but my numbers weren't dropping. At the same time, my clothes are fitting better. So what does that mean? I feel like I'm seeing a shift in my muscle/fat percentage (by the way my clothes fit) but I'm not witnessing that same shift of numbers on the scale. Thankfully Simms reminds me that even on The Biggest Loser (where they work out - what is it - 6 hours a day?!?) they experience low weeks and high weeks. He is such a great encourager!
Natalie asked what food is the most difficult to resist. I'd have to say chocolate - specifically dark. But if it isn't in the house then I'm not tempted. Or if it is in the house but away from me I am not tempted. For example, there is a box of chocolates that Simms' parents gave me for Christmas. It is in the garage freezer right now - unopened. The Christmas cookies that weren't finished - freezer. The most difficult time for me to resist chocolate in actually right now (time of month) but I successfully enjoyed a snack of peanuts and raisins and that took away my desire for the chocolate. I think it is the sweet/salty combo that helped me out there.
Well there you have it. I'll be checking in next week and maybe, just maybe that will become one of my "high" weeks. LOL.
02 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment