I've decided to participate, although not so brave as to actually post my current weight, I will tell you how much I have gained or lost (hopefully more of the latter) each Monday and what I am working on that week to achieve the goal of health and wellness.
So...here goes nothing...since last Monday I have lost exactly 5 pounds!
What changes did I make?
- Daily exercise. This is actually the first time that Simms has joined me in this part of the endeavor and it is awesome! What a difference it makes to have accountability with your best friend! We usually exercise right after we put the boys to bed during the week but on the weekends we let them watch us - it's important for them to learn the importance of good health now so they choose to never stop exercising. Jeter was trying out the abdominal portion last night and said "Wow, that is hard Dad." Anyway, this change has been much easier since we are doing it together. Interested in what we are using as our daily challenge? Minimally, we complete Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. We also spend time using the Wii Fit to work on balance and posture and to just have fun.
- Drinking more water. Although I still enjoy a cup of coffee during the day, water is my beverage of choice and the only thing I drink in the evenings.
- Protein Drink. This is something I remember having when I was younger and had started having daily again last year - until everything else in life seemed to snowball and distracted me last April. We've started this again. We use Shaklee products but that is our personal choice. It is an excellent way to start my day, ensuring that my metabolism gets the kick it needs in the morning as well as supplementing my system with vitamins and nutrients that are vital for good health. I also take a multivitamin daily - but that isn't something new.
- Snack
eliminationmoderation. What I mean by this is that when I'm feeling hungry at 3PM rather than totally deny myself anything, I choose a healthy snack. This keeps my metabolism going and makes it so I don't over-eat at dinner. Some of my snack choices could be any of the following (but one - not all): 1/2 apple which could include a spoonful of peanut butter, mozzarella cheese stick, some peanuts and raisins, up to 5 wheat crackers with some hummus or a protein bar.
This is working for us. Simms and I feel more energized and are encouraged by the results. My plan is to continue in each of these areas again this week.
3 comments:
Wow, that's awesome. I'm so happy for you!
I'm committing, as of today, to start tracking my food and increasing my water. I've so fallen off the bandwagon with that. I find that tracking in and of itself forces me to make healthier choices. I mean, who wants to see "20 BBQ chips" in black and white, when they can see "1/2 an apple with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter," instead :)
Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Wow, 5 pounds is awesome. I just bought that same exercise video. Was wondering if it was any good. Sounds like it's doing the job.
Post a Comment