But today...today things are a bit more orderly. Yes, I have a pile of paperwork that I will be going through but the dishes are done, a load is in the washer and basic living spaces are straightened. There is still a lot of work to get done but I'm working on what I can when I can and recognizing that is important to take some breaks in between. Which is what I am doing right now. Break time with a yummy mug filled with delicious Colombian coffee. This isn't any ordinary mug. This is the mug that Jeter gave me for Christmas.
He picked it out at school. They have a holiday shop and quite frankly I am pleased with the thoughtfulness that Jeter used when selecting gifts for his family members. This mug for example. He knows that his mama definitely enjoys a cup of coffee and I have a snowman collection. Perfect. Ever since this mug was first cleaned it is the cup I use daily and when I do, I think of Jeter and often pray for him and whatever he is doing at that very moment. I know this is a gift I will always treasure.
So what is the next pic? Why it is my new coffee maker which is technically Simms. Let me explain. Simms was planning (I'm pretty sure anyway) on getting this for me after many hints (I've actually had my eye on this for almost two years) and reminders of how much less this would cost from LNT since they were going out of business.
Then Simms totally surprised me with the camera. I knew there was no way he had money saved to purchase more than that - including the coffee maker. Any potential disappointment was dispelled by the fun I was having clicking away and attempting to capture some fun memories.
Having said that, why then is this amazing delight on my kitchen counter? Simms fixed it with my parents to give this present to HIM for Christmas! Boy was I surprised to see him open this present and then smirk my way saying "thank you Mom and Dad! This is exactly the coffee maker I wanted!". Needless to say I have been enjoying the grind 'n brew feature that allows me to make the coffee when and how I want it. It has also been nice to enjoy a cup of hot coffee in both the morning and the afternoon if I wish. Yes that thermal carafe is outstanding!
Well...my mug is almost empty. Time for some water while I hit the paperwork.
Please ignore the shadow. I need to learn more about taking photos. Hoping to get some good hints and tips at MIA's meeting next Tuesday when Anne Katherine joins us!
3 comments:
yup, i checked, it's definitely coffeemaker envy. excuse me, i must go repent :)
That is an awesome coffeemaker, and if I actually drank more coffee, I would want one too...but seeing that we still have the original package of coffee filters that we bought when we were first married (I think that it was a 100 pakc, not sure), I don't think that I can justify it! :) I will just have to enjoy it at your house! :)
Oh, how romantic!!! Your post reminds me of the short story, "The Gift of the Magi," written by O. Henry. Not exactly the same senario, but just as romantic. What a blessing you have in your husband!!!!
Post a Comment