27 June 2007

Finding The Words...

Do you ever feel in awe of what God has done and/or is doing but struggle to find the words to fully express this...yet have the strong need/desire to do so?

That's where I am at right now.

God is definitely moving in our lives and I feel like He is calling me to the mat to share in a little more detail what I/we have been walking through. Maybe I have been inspired by oH mY wORD, Krazy Klingers and Promises Fulfilled. Maybe it is just His timing. Whatever the case may be...it's time.

If you have been reading for awhile, maybe you remember back in May when I talked about what's on my heart, my cry, and living a balanced life. Prior to these posts, I had been asked to consider stepping in to lead the Moms In Action ministry at our church, starting this fall. My initial reaction was "no!". Picture a two year old throwing a temper tantrum. That was where I was in my flesh. Not a pretty picture I know. However my spirit desired to seek His will inspite of myself. I don't even know if my words can truly capture the battle that was raging inside of me over a period of 4 short days. They felt like the longest 4 days of my life. I would challenge God with my shortcomings and He would counter with a word from someone or scripture or simply download to me the answer that I declared I didn't have. The end result? I knew that if I didn't say "yes!" I would be walking in disobedience. Therefore, even though I may have asked 'you want me to do what?' I know that God is my confidence and therefore I do feel like swimming.

So...what has He been asking of you? Are you feeling stretched? Is there an inner tug-o-war going on? Are you kicking and screaming? Are you willing to say 'yes' anyway and take the plunge?

Let me encourage you with some lyrics that help to summarize this for me:
Casting Crowns Voice of Truth
...to step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is, and he's holding out his hand...
and Jeremy Camps My Desire
This is my desire...to be used by you

4 comments:

Promises said...

Very awesome! It is so great that you shared what God has been doing in you too!

I remember when you first told me about the potential of you running MIA, and I remember saying to you(and praying), if God has chosen you to do it, then He is going to download everything into you. It is cool to hear you use the word "download" when you express what God has been doing in your life concerning this new position that He has placed you in.

I know that it will be a great year! I am glad to be on the team!

Barb said...

This is way off the subject of your post, which is really nice by the way, but I want to thank you for your sweet comment and let you know that your name is in the hat for the wedding favor drawing. I had no idea 150 people would even remotely be interested so all we can do is cross our fingers, right? I'll post the 30 whose names are drawn tomorrow morning.

This really is a great post. You're being very open and honest here. I hope this all works out in the best possible way for you.

Melissa said...

All I have to say is that I can't wait to see you released in all that God has called you to!

If the enemy was trying so hard to discourage you from stepping into this calling then he must be running scared of all that God is going to accomplish through your faithful obedience!

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm in the midst of some similar stuff, all wrapped up in trusting Him for provision and how it's wrapped up in our call to adopt. I have been brewing on it for weeks, as I shared recently, and am working up to posting about it!

I'm so excited for you and what God will do to utilize you and stretch you and challenge you to stretch others. May HIS hand rest heavy on your head and HIS heart for HIS women beat hard within your chest!

Blessings and thanks for the vulnerability and honesty :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...