December 1st is right around the corner. Trust me I'm not rushing past Thanksgiving or November but I'm a planner - or at the very least I don't want to procrastinate to the point of no return - and December 1st is an important day in our home.
This is when we start our special countdown to Christmas. We started this tradition in 2006 and each year we've had a different theme. We've discussed 24 things God created, 24 men in the Bible who followed God, 24 people that heard from God, etc. This year we are going to explore and discuss 24 healings / miracles.
I think somehow I'll incorporate this song...we'll see.
Take a moment and listen...just remember to pause the player.
Healing is in Your Hand by Christy Nockels
On another note - have you ever heard of Manga Bible by Rogers? It's a graphic novel that summarizes the Bible. Some people like it. Some don't. Jeter really like the series. He's read through it at least two times and is on his third time through. Barber began to ask about it today. I took time to explain that this is a summary and the author uses some liberties - such as the conversations that Cain and Abel are having with one another. I also reminded him that I would love to talk to him about anything he reads.
Barber sat and read for almost an hour. He first asked me why they had to sacrifice sheep. We talked about that and the importance of the sacrifice that Jesus made - tied in why He is referred to as the Lamb of God. I saw the "aha" look on his face and then he smiled saying "now that's another thing I'm thankful to Jesus for because I was feeling bad for the lambs and I am really glad that we don't have to do that anymore." He also told me that although he knew that Cain did something really wrong, he still feels bad for him because he had to go away from everyone and be all by himself in Nod. I absolutely love the sensitivity and compassion that our Creator has woven into this precious son of mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment