We officially started this on December 1st but I haven't had the chance to post the information until today. If you want to know more about what I am talking about, read this post. Each day I write the word on the front of an index card under this years theme "24 Things God Created". Then on the back I include a scripture or two for us to read. I hide the box the night before with the new card in it. Jeter cannot wait each morning to find the box. I am amazed at how much he loves this and looks forward to it every day! Barber just follows behind his brother squealing "Where is it Jeter?" or "Oh! Yikes!" as he avoids a head on collision. Since Jeter is 5 and learning how to read he sounds out the word and then Daddy reads the verse. We then discuss how it applies to our lives. I also purchased some white acid free cardstock for the boys to draw pictures that portray what they are learning throughout this season. In the end, I will place the pages and cards into an album for our family.
1. Man: Genesis 1:26
2. Woman: Genesis 2:22
3. Children: Matthew 5:45
4. Brotherhood: 1 Peter 2:17
5. Family: Ephesians 3:15
6. Life: Genesis 1:20 and John 10:10
7. Salvation: Exodus 15:2, Luke 1:77, and Romans 1:16
8. Peace: Luke 24:6 and John 14:27
9. Love: Mark 12:30 and Romans 5:5
10. Joy: Acts 20:24 and 1Thess 2:19
11. Mercy: Luke 1:50
12. Grace: Ephesians 2:8
13. Heaven: Genesis 1:1
14. Earth: Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:10
15. Light: Genesis 1:3
16. Creatures: Genesis 1:20, 24
17. Seasons: Genesis 1:14
18. Miracles: Numbers 14:22 and John 2:11
19. Languages: Genesis 11:9 and Acts 2:4
20. Races/Cultures: Genesis 11:9
21. Music: 1 Chronicles 15:16
22. Worship: Deuteronomy 8:10 and Luke 4:8
23. Praise: Deuteronomy 10:21 and Hebrews 13:15
24. Jesus: John 3:16
I know that the scriptures don't each say "God created..." but they reference the word of the day. I also know the complexity of the fact that Jesus is part of the Trinity and therefore God and technically God has always existed; He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. We will talk about this with the boys on December 24th. What a perfect time/day to focus on the "why" we celebrate the birth of Christ and the meaning that is to our lives.
Now I must go...gotta hide the box!
02 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
Wow! That is awesome. Glad to hear the kids are eating it all up. Keep up the great work. And, hiding the box is a great twist.
HI! thank you for coming over to my blog and giving me your advice. I appreciate what you said so much!!!
Beth
Post a Comment