
"...I'll always be the little girl in your heart"
That's the last line of the song that I danced with my Daddy on my wedding day. No matter how old I am, I am still his little girl and in his eyes I can still see me looking up at him, standing on his feet, holding his hands and "dancing".
I don't know why exactly but that is the present memory on my mind today. Could it be a result of my Dad's most recent bone scan? Maybe. I don't really want to talk about that right now.
Instead, I'm going to share something that happened this summer. We were in church. Amidst the time of worship, communion, offering, etc. God and I were having a conversation. Can I just tell you how much I like the notes application of my iTouch?
Anyway, it just so happened that on this morning, my parents were helping to serve communion to the section that Simms and I were sitting in. As they were doing so I felt Him ask, Are you going to trust me even when your Daddy's life is on the line. I've learned that trust and faith cannot be based on emotion - it is truly a choice. I silently responded in the affirmative. As if on cue, I look up and only my mom is there to get the plates after communion. Where is my Dad? No idea. I look around (trying not to appear frantic) and I hear the question Do you still trust me? Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want or believe? I see my Mom smiling and helping others and I type in my notes application With faith, I still say YES.
At the end of service, I see my parents walking down the aisle, hand in hand, to serve in altar ministry and I hear Him whisper, It's not time yet.

That's the last line of the song that I danced with my Daddy on my wedding day. No matter how old I am, I am still his little girl and in his eyes I can still see me looking up at him, standing on his feet, holding his hands and "dancing".
I don't know why exactly but that is the present memory on my mind today. Could it be a result of my Dad's most recent bone scan? Maybe. I don't really want to talk about that right now.
Instead, I'm going to share something that happened this summer. We were in church. Amidst the time of worship, communion, offering, etc. God and I were having a conversation. Can I just tell you how much I like the notes application of my iTouch?
Anyway, it just so happened that on this morning, my parents were helping to serve communion to the section that Simms and I were sitting in. As they were doing so I felt Him ask, Are you going to trust me even when your Daddy's life is on the line. I've learned that trust and faith cannot be based on emotion - it is truly a choice. I silently responded in the affirmative. As if on cue, I look up and only my mom is there to get the plates after communion. Where is my Dad? No idea. I look around (trying not to appear frantic) and I hear the question Do you still trust me? Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want or believe? I see my Mom smiling and helping others and I type in my notes application With faith, I still say YES.
At the end of service, I see my parents walking down the aisle, hand in hand, to serve in altar ministry and I hear Him whisper, It's not time yet.

2 comments:
You're making me cry!
What a beautiful post. I have been thinking of you and praying for you all. Hugs to you!
Post a Comment