16 April 2010

Just Being Mom

Washing, drying, folding clothes and putting them away.

Selecting recipes for the next two weeks, shopping accordingly, putting the groceries away, making dinner and cleaning up afterwards.

Straightening, vacuuming, dusting (annoying), and disinfecting.

Checking homework, tying shoes, filling water bottles, packing lunches, driving to and from practices and games.

Listening to the boys read or Jeter practicing guitar.

Asking questions about their activities and listening to the tales they tell.

Trying to have a conversation on the phone and be mommy at the same time.

Teaching manners. Respecting one another. Loving one another.

Snuggling on the glider while watching Nemo and reminding Barber how very much he is loved.

Praying together. Eating together. Playing together. Reading together.

Hugs, kisses and tickles.

Laughter...lots of it.

Kissing each forehead one last time before going to bed, in awe of how perfect they are (they are sleeping...)

Some of these things are way more fun then others but they are all important. This week was my week to get "caught up" or at least that's what I thought. It didn't happen. Meetings kept me out of the house all day on Monday and Tuesday and small schedule changes impacted Thursday and Friday. So much for my best laid plans. I did get a lot done - actually pretty much everything listed was worked on at least once this week if not every day - but I still see all that hasn't been done. So tonight I just needed to remind myself that regardless of what was accomplished, just being mom is the best thing that I can be...and the hugs, kisses, giggles and "I love you's" mark the completion of another successful day.

1 comment:

Promises said...

that is so true! Being mom is so important and we don't always realize it! You are a great mom! :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...