25 March 2010

White-based Sweater with Navy, Maroon and Hunter Green Stripes

That's what Simms wore - when he told me that he liked me - standing in the stairwell of the girls dorm my junior year of college. That was almost 1-1/2 years after we met in Zoology Lab. I have to be honest, I don't remember what he wore that night in lab when we first met. I do remember his smile and that he made me laugh and I thought that maybe he could become a good friend...maybe more...

So why am I telling you this? Two of my cousins are getting married this fall...need I say more?

Mickey from Long Island is like a sister to me. She keeps me young and I've always loved our late night talks...although it's getting a little harder to bounce back the next day. She asked Simms and I to sing at her wedding. We are so honored. I love singing with Simms - haven't done it for awhile but it really is fun for me. Is fun the right word? Anyway...what makes it even more fun (I don't care - I'm using it again) is the song we get to sing. It's by Boys Like Girls, titled Two Is Better Than One and the version is the one they did with Taylor Swift. Can I tell you how thrilled I am for the alto part?!? Love it!

I tried to embed it...but I'm not allowed, so here is the youtube link. Lyrics are below.

Two Is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought
"Hey, you know, this could be something"
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

Chorus:
So maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the best of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one

I remember every look upon your face
The way you roll your eyes
The way you taste
You make it hard for breathing
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything's okay
I'm finally now believing

(Chorus)

I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life and I thought "Hey"

(Chorus)

I know we're singing it to/for our cousin(s) - he will be our cousin once their married. We love having a family that grows - more love to go around. At the same time these words still apply to us even after 16+ years of marriage.

Maybe I'm a sap but it could be difficult to sing this, looking into Simms eyes and not cry or get choked up. Thankfully we have time to practice!



1 comment:

Promises said...

I love the song - so sweet! I have to be honest - I have NO idea what my hunny was wearing the first time that I met him - maybe because he wasn't available at the time??? I have no idea...however, I was amazed at how tall, blonde and cute he was! :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...