Lately, if you've checked my little corner out, it's been scattered writing about ambiguous things - not including a lot of the stuff that really makes this corner mine.
That's going to change.
Not that it really matters to you...but...I need to write. Or type. Whatever. You know what I mean. It's therapeutic for me. This is one way that I think and process information. I think I've made the statement in the past that it is almost as significant as breathing to me. My family also benefits because when I don't write, then I need to talk it out. Have a lot of time on your hands? Join me for a cup of coffee and some heavy thinking.
Having an electronic journal helps - not as many books on the shelves. Seriously - I have journals that date back to when I was in fifth grade!!! Kind of funny to read about the real important stuff that occupied my thinking back then. i.e. boys, if I would ever be noticed, etc. Not that it mattered. This chikkie wasn't allowed to date until the age of 16. One thing that is interesting is I talked about God way back then. He has always been an instrumental part of my life and my thinking.
So what have I been tackling topic-wise the past number of months? Do you have a cup of coffee with you? Tea? Water? This could take a while and I'm not even going into detail...schedule, changes, pondering what God has for me in the next season, reassessing our families dynamic / needs and how we are fulfilling those things. Praying about Simms' level of stress at work and my role in that. I just want to solve it. I think it would be perfect for me to work as his personal assistant so that the work can be done right for him the first time and that would save him so much stress. But then I would need training. And I'm definitely a more to-the-point and less diplomatic-say-it-with-honey type of person and that could be a problem. So, I'm asking God what I can do in the home to help him decompress quickly after a long day at work. We've always been a team and as the family dynamics evolve, so do our roles. Amidst that thought-provoking contemplation, I am also prioritizing my dream to-do list and starting to work on those items. Why is it a dream list? Because this is the list of the things that I really want to get to but they aren't necessarily the day-to-day items. Day-to-day items are a separate entity in my book.
Just a little insight into this complex personality. No wonder sudoku is a stress reliever to me.
2 comments:
Will wait anxiously to hear what ideas you come up with for helping Simms with his stress load and work load. The Boss is in a really hard season, long hours, difficult politics, sensitivities and fears abounding among his staff, and projects with huge implications. I've been too frustrated over how much time it's sucking from our family life lately and am trying to let the Lord change my heart and give me a better perspective on it all. When really all I want to do is tell his boss to take a flying leap and leave my hubby alone on the weekends and let him come home at decent hours that might actually allow him to be a more active participant at home. So, yeah, not the "say it with honey" type here either :)
I really really do love you, sis! I love the way that you think, the way that you talk things out and how different and similar we are! I am definitely more of a talk it out type of person - although writing is good too! I am looking forward to all that God has for your life and the lives of each member of your family...and extended family, b/c that includes me (and my family)! :)
Post a Comment