17 February 2010

The Constant

God is God - that's all I got today. That's the truth I hold onto. Amidst the tears and prayers...that never changes. Amidst the uncertainty that exists, He is the constant, never the variable.

This was my facebook status today.

What I wanted to write about was our vacation and fiddle with some pics. No time today and not really motivated to do so. Why?

I received news on Monday that my cousin (he is 3 years older than me) was in a horrible accident this past weekend. He is in the ICU and they are concerned about the extent of his injuries - especially to his brain. On Tuesday, I learned of a tragedy that occurred to a family from our church that has left them without their husband / father.

Why?

Such a loaded question. One that I have dealt with many times - especially over the last 10 years (Journey of Faith or Worship classify many of these posts). Through our trying to get pregnant for almost two years...Simms' multiple operations - a situation that is still not completely healed and the doctor's still don't have an answer...my Brother-in-love Rayda's heart surgeries, coding at the hospital and recovery...my Mother-in-love's diagnosis with cancer two days after we welcomed our firstborn and the battle she fought for 15 months...the many family members that have been stricken with cancer - some have gone to be with the Lord, and others are still fighting it - my Dad specifically...my Father-in-love's quadruple bypass surgery and recovery. These are the biggies - the ones that caused the question "why?" to dare cross my lips. These are the ones that I don't have any answers to. And I don't have to.

I'm allowed to cry. I'm allowed to feel the pain and frustration. I'm even allowed to ask why.

Although there are times when I have felt alone on this journey, He has always been there. Amidst the questions that seem to lack answers, He is still God.

I have free will. I can choose to allow circumstances to control me. I can choose to scream about the pain and focus on the injustices. I can attempt to find reasons for the ails of life. The problem is all of these choices don't give me the peace that I so desire.

It might not make sense, but the simple statement God is God is what infuses me with peace. That is what gives me comfort. There is so much about Him that I do not understand or comprehend but I do know that He is love, He is faithful and ultimately He is victorious.





I just had to add some pictures of His Creation. Both serene and powerful - straight out of the camera goodness.

2 comments:

Promises said...

Great post sis. Love you so much and your honesty and heart. This has definitely been a tough week, but He is still on the throne and reigns!!!

We need to get together for coffee, talking and/or photo sharing! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip! Maybe you should have the family over and then show us your photos with some narrative! :) (and we will do coffee and talking another time!)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Good post. Tough season indeed. Was so glad to hug your neck last week, but I wish we'd had time to talk a little. Hug some more and cry together.

Now, I'm trying to gain some control over my home again and wrestle my to-do lists back to normal proportions. So much to do! And my list of blogs to catch up on? OY!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...