
The temperatures have soared over the past two days - actually reaching into the 80's. Not typical weather for April. Of course I've heard that they are supposed to plummet to the 50's on Friday.
Seasons. They mark changes. Changes that impact all aspects of our world.
The trees are notably greener, the grass is growing, spring bulbs are popping. My iris' are prepping for bloom. As I walk our property I see the promise of great color from the buds of our tulips, the rhododendron, azaleas, crab apple trees, lilies, daisies, etc. I also see the yucky annoying weeds attempting to take root and wreak havoc on our beautiful gardens. Gotta get rid of those. We've already enjoyed the blooms from our cherry tree, daffodils, crocus', and hyacinths. Barber is thrilled with the bleeding hearts. His favorite thing to do is pick off one of the hearts and give it to me or another member of the family.
We've pulled out some of our patio furniture and have begun to stain the fence.
I've also rearranged the cabinets in the kitchen. Yes, I did it, again. And it makes sense once again. I've also been busy with purging parts of the house and prepping for a yard sale. So much to do and never enough time in the day to get it all done.
Spring also means sports for the boys. Barber is in T-ball and Jeter is playing with a travel soccer team. Evenings are both busy and fun.
I've also used the word season to note when other changes occur in life. Activities we participate in, responsibilities we have, how time is managed, etc. Change is constant and therefore the change in season shouldn't take us by surprise. Sometimes, I am ready and prepared for the change but am concerned if others are too...especially when I know that something has changed for me and it may directly or indirectly impact others.
The phase I am in right now is embracing the changes that are happening and trusting that the One I serve has all of it under control.

Seasons. They mark changes. Changes that impact all aspects of our world.
The trees are notably greener, the grass is growing, spring bulbs are popping. My iris' are prepping for bloom. As I walk our property I see the promise of great color from the buds of our tulips, the rhododendron, azaleas, crab apple trees, lilies, daisies, etc. I also see the yucky annoying weeds attempting to take root and wreak havoc on our beautiful gardens. Gotta get rid of those. We've already enjoyed the blooms from our cherry tree, daffodils, crocus', and hyacinths. Barber is thrilled with the bleeding hearts. His favorite thing to do is pick off one of the hearts and give it to me or another member of the family.
We've pulled out some of our patio furniture and have begun to stain the fence.
I've also rearranged the cabinets in the kitchen. Yes, I did it, again. And it makes sense once again. I've also been busy with purging parts of the house and prepping for a yard sale. So much to do and never enough time in the day to get it all done.
Spring also means sports for the boys. Barber is in T-ball and Jeter is playing with a travel soccer team. Evenings are both busy and fun.
I've also used the word season to note when other changes occur in life. Activities we participate in, responsibilities we have, how time is managed, etc. Change is constant and therefore the change in season shouldn't take us by surprise. Sometimes, I am ready and prepared for the change but am concerned if others are too...especially when I know that something has changed for me and it may directly or indirectly impact others.
The phase I am in right now is embracing the changes that are happening and trusting that the One I serve has all of it under control.

1 comment:
Yep! I hear ya! I understand ya! I am with ya!
Gotta love seasons....
Post a Comment