16 November 2009

Tweaks and Overhauls

New week. New day. New blog design.

Routines are good but change is good too - and sometimes it is just necessary. You always have to clean your house - at least I do - and periodically I do things just a little bit differently. Other times a complete overhaul is required. On the home front, this is what I have been doing with the boys clothes. It's necessary when the season has changed and they have grown.

The same truth applies to my blog. I resisted change for awhile. Why? I loved my design. I really did. So I survived for a long time with small tweaks and updates. I wrestled with the thought for a while but I finally had to face the truth - the time had come for a complete overhaul. Simms didn't think it was necessary but he isn't a huge lover of change either. That was one thing I tackled last night - after we pruned a tree (Simms pruned, I was the spotter for where to cut which branch), enjoyed an impromptu dinner by a fire in our backyard (mountain pies) and said good-night to our kiddos. The overhaul is complete and I still have time to tweak the details.

How do you deal with change? Do small tweaks give you the chills or do you love the challenge of a complete overhaul?

7 comments:

Krazy Klingers said...

I absolutely love change. Dan always jokes and says he going to bolt the furniture to the floor because I have to have change! I get bored easily so i guess that is why I embrace change so much.

Tiffany said...

Love the new blog look! All three boys are so cute! I think my hormones and emotions might lead my change-o-meter. Sometimes I crave it, and other times my world is rocked with change...even if it's a small change, like taking all the pictures down from our picture wall. :)

This Journey of Mine said...

Love the new look!
I don't know about changes anymore. I think I love them. Except when it comes to really big ones, then I'm strong until right before it happens. Cory is not a big fan of change, but once he knows what we are to do, he does it. And he helps to carry me through.
My big struggle? Knowing that change is coming, but having to wait until God reveals what change really is! Aahhh... it drives me nuts! Just tell me so I can prepare and think it through.

Promises said...

I love the new changes that you made!!! It gives me great memories of our vacation together too! :)

As for me - I do like change, but have not been too great at big changes. Trying to get there though!

Mrs. C said...

Thank you ladies!

I overall handle change well but as J of M said - I like to know its coming and it's easier if I control the change. It's when you know something is coming and you're trying to be prepared but you don't really know all the details that can be a bit unnerving.

Tiffany - I think any change (big or small) when dealing with things sentimental are more difficult.

Trish said...

As much as I liked the old design, I think the personal touch of this one is very nice!

Mrs. C said...

Trish - I admit I kind of "miss" the old design but the problem is it was in the old blogger template and although I learned the html I needed to get by I couldn't upgrade to any of the new stuff without making the big change. Bummers.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...