19 November 2009

School Visit Synopsis

Highlights of Parent's Day at the boys' school:
  • Eating lunch in the cafeteria was...how to describe it...interesting? The seats are small and everyone wants to talk to you nullifying any quality time with Jeter and Barber. And yet, they are absolutely thrilled that you are there.
  • Is it wrong/silly to feel totally flattered when two third grade girls come over to me, one twisting her hair around her finger and the other looking back and forth from the floor to me and then to the floor again while they banter "no you tell her" back and forth until finally one of them speaks up and says "Jeter's mom? We just wanted to tell you that we think you are really pretty". LOL. Is that what it would be like if I had a daughter?!?
  • I was reminded once again how annoying book fair can be...although I was relieved to find a book that Jeter and I could both agree on. Barber's turn to go is tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for the same success.
  • It's really nice when they have normal size chairs for us to sit on (in the classroom) for parent's day. That isn't always the case when I volunteer in the classroom throughout the rest of the year.
  • I seriously believe that Simms is a kid magnet. Maybe that's why he has been such an awesome soccer coach for the 4/5 and 6/7 year olds? Barber's classmates didn't want him to leave and vied for his attention the entire time he was there!
  • Confronted with the reality of my age when one of my former students was a substitute in the school today. At the same time it was enjoyable to observe her skill in teaching these kiddos and I was as proud of her as if she was my very own daughter!

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...