Seeking and praying.
This has been the constant in my life lately - meaning it's been more pronounced in the last two months. My heart always desires to follow His leading and do what He's doing but sometimes there are just seasons where the need to be seeking and praying is stronger. This is where I've been.
And it has been a good time. He's revealed some things to me that are so precious and He's blessed me in mighty ways. That is what a loving Father does.
Yet there is still some stuff that hasn't been answered.
Today has been one where I've enjoyed just being in His presence. Knowing that He knows. He cares. He hears. These are truths that I believe but I love when He takes time to show it to me.
Like today when I was driving to church...I desired to just worship Him. I popped in my Desperation Band CD and joined in with My Savior Lives. To my surprise the CD then skipped from track 1 to track 8. I thought that was strange and reached to return to track 2 but just as I was about to I felt like I was supposed to listen to this track. Thankfully I yielded to that nudge.
I needed to hear the lyrics to Everlasting God.
One thing I know that I have found
Through all the troubles that surround
You are the rock that never fails
You never fail
One thing I know that I believe
Through every blessing I receive
You are the only one that stays
You always stay
You never change
You stay the same
You are the Everlasting God
You will remain
After the day is gone and things of worth have past
Everlasting God
The morning meeting went well and I was back home by 1:00 pm. To work I went. Getting the morning dishes into the dishwasher and cleaning out the sink. Straightening up the family room. Bringing the laundry to the basement and putting away some recent purchases into the pantry. I was about to head upstairs and tackle another task when I felt like I was to take a break. I started to shrug it off but it grew. So I went downstairs, got something to eat for a late lunch and sat down. It was then that two more songs blessed me - I had the radio on and had I continued working upstairs at that time I wouldn't have heard them.
The first one is Revelation by Third Day. Here is a snippet:
Give me a revelation
Show me what to do
'Cause I've been trying to find my way
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without you.
Okay. Got it. He is hearing me loud and clear.
The second song is He Is by Mark Shultz (to hear the song on his website, scroll down and pause the advertisement...then select He Is on the player)
He is. He was. He always will be
Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still my soul
He is.
These lyrics resonate with the song from this morning. It also reminds me to continue to Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10.
He hears.
He knows.
He cares.
10 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment