"Why do they always lose when we see them?" Jeter's venting frustration at the Giants loss to the Chargers in the last minute of the game.
"Mommy, how about when I grow up then you can be done with your marriage to Daddy so I can marry you?" Barber asked me this tonight as I'm tucking him in to bed. Then he followed it up with "Can you do that? Can people stop being married to one another?" The timing of when these questions arise astounds me. If you know me, then you know that we had a discussion (brief but I couldn't let it go) about the fact that marriage is more then just husband and wife. It is a commitment and a covenant made before God and although there are some people who stop being married that is something that Mommy and Daddy will never ever do. I also told him that I don't know who he is going to marry but I am already praying for her. Yes. I. Did.
"Mom, why do you have to do that? You are always working!" Barber's response to me asking him to pick something up from the floor. I have two responses to this - (1) maybe I need to play some more and (2) at least he recognizes that all of the stuff I do around here is indeed work.
"Mama, what can I do to help?" Normally, this is a question that a mother would love to hear her son ask. But I just got finished telling Jeter that he needed to sit down and rest so that his body could heal. Apparently he's as good at sitting still as I am.
"Why aren't Papa and Mima going with us to the game? We only have 4 tickets?!?!? Can't you just buy 2 more?!?!?" This was in reference to the tickets that we were able to purchase to bring the boys to see the Giants at Giants Stadium. The innocence of childhood. It also shows the love of family. Like his Mommy, Barber loves and cherishes the time we have together.
"Life with the Campbell's is always an adventure." Simms made this statement after he safely pulled over to the shoulder of the highway. We got a flat tire en route to NJ - to bring the boys to the Giants game the following day. Thankfully AAA sent someone to us in about 15 minutes and the boys thought it was fun to be in the car while the gentleman changed our tire and added air to the spare. It also helped that Poppy and Grammie drove out to meet us so that we could trade cars and quickly get back on the road again.
Simms is right. It is and has always been an adventure - and I continue to smile and laugh as much as possible on our journey together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
Yeah, tough losses for all of us this weekend. Sloppy playing, lack of cohesiveness. Injuries. Ugh.
But it's so good to hear about it all from the kids' perspectives. Your boys are little gems :)
Post a Comment