How do you handle the difficult stuff?
Do you have a best friend that you run to / confide in? Are you the shoulder that people seek out? Are you a planner? Fighter? Whiner? Cynic? You don't really have to answer these questions. I've just been doing some thinking.
Sometimes I'd like to allow myself to be a whiner. I rarely do...it's just not a means to an end. At least not the end I'm looking for. No matter how old you are, a temper tantrum doesn't resolve anything. I will say I have done all of the others - some with more frequency than others.
Simms' mom once described me as feisty. Simms says I am passionate. They are probably both correct. When it comes to things that are close to my heart (family, morals, faith) I am a fighter. But even fighters need time to train and rest or fatigue sets in.
My family has walked through so much - physically, spiritually, emotionally. Especially in this last year. I would love to say the journey is complete but that's not the truth. Can that really happen this side of eternity? That's a question to ponder another day.
I feel like we've been running a very long relay race with rare opportunities to pass the baton.
As always, He meets me where I am. Sometimes, it's just helpful to know that He knows what's going on. I mean I know He knows...but it's nice when He takes the time to remind me. This time it was through another blog which catalyzed my search for Elizabeth Hunnicutt's album On My Way. Well worth my time. Exactly what I needed. Here are some of the lyrics from her song On My Way that did me in tonight.
...I just have to keep moving not with vision but with faith...
I'm learning...
- how to walk on the way
- who I am on the way
- how to see on the way
- how to live on the way
And my/our journey continues...
2 comments:
Good stuff and so true! Our life as christians is a journey, and I think I tend to be like you..feisty and passionate. :) And you are right, ever fighter needs time to train, fight and rest and refocus.
And BTW, we had one of those same sprinklers for a few years. The kids LOVED it! It's cheap and fun!!!!
Hey there~
Well, I certainly identify with what you have written. I wish I could've passed the baton about a hundred times lately.
I don't know fully yet. But I keep trying to think about this season we have been in (it's not over...) and how it is just that, a season. And there will be lighter seasons, ones with extra joy, and that sweet spring smell in the air. It's happened before... it will happen again.
In the meantime, fighting and walking and taking every moment as a opportunity to grow and learn and trust Him more, is what I seem to be doing. In the end, I have to have hope that it IS worth it all.
Post a Comment