I like simple and easy. And I want it to taste good too. Here is a recipe that I believe fits these qualifications. We don't have it often because my boys don't eat it but they don't eat potatoes at all (not even french fries)! Simms says they are un-American. I say it's okay - they're healthy and don't need the extra starch. However, when Simms and I get a hankering for potatoes, this is the recipe that I use.
12-14 red potatoes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 - 1 tsp salt (we've been cutting down on salt)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
Note: I've also thrown 1/2 tsp rosemary into the mix. What I love about this recipe is that you can add/delete spices depending on the season or the dish that this is complimenting. Regardless of how we've changed it around, it has always been good.
1. Clean potatoes and peel a strip of skin from each
2. Place in ungreased baking dish.
3. Combine oil, butter and seasonings in a bowl and drizzle over potatoes
4. Bake uncovered 350 for one hour, turning the potatoes every 15 minutes.
This recipe has also been featured on Created & Called. It is really that good!
27 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment