06 August 2009

While Simms Was Away...

We were without Simms for 8 days and 7 nights. Not that we were counting or anything crazy like that. I just thought it would be fun to share with you some of what consumed his days and ours. So...while Simms was checking out Hurricane Ridge with Rayda and Papa...


Looking at the vegetation

Eating at the best smoked salmon place in the area


Taking in the sites like this one



Hiking here...


...and here


Setting up camp


and preparing some food


Sleeping at Shi Shi Beach...



...where this is just a walk away!


Getting to see this...



and these...



and this...


and THIS...



...and these. All in their natural habitats!



While he was doing all of that we were busy here at home. What were we doing?
  • The boys gardened at Grammie and Poppy's while I had a ministry meeting
  • We went to local parks on 3 different days
  • We had some play dates
  • We went to the premier viewing of the new VeggieTales movie Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella.
  • We went to Chik-fil-A
  • We went to church
  • Jeter had a worship team meeting
  • We had the family over to go swimming in the pool
  • The boys swam in the pool a lot!
  • We read books
  • We ate ice cream - on cones that I bought from the store! (this was a super big deal to my little men)
  • Grammie taught Jeter how to play the D chord on the guitar.
  • We had dinner at Promises and Dawson's - where there was lots of cousin time.
  • Dawson kicked around the soccer ball with the boys
  • I didn't blog much and had a hard time falling asleep at night
  • The boys had a sleepover in my room - only one night. I learned that Barber moves around A LOT and Jeter sometimes talks and giggles in his sleep. These were actually things I knew but forgot when I agreed to the sleepover.
  • We did laundry and dishes and cleaned and reorganized...with much more to do!
  • We went to the weekly reading time (last time this summer!)
  • Barber got new cleats for soccer. Of course he is a size 12 and we only have 11, 1, 2, and 3 as hand-me-downs from Jeter.
  • The boys played the Wii.
  • We all missed Daddy and prayed that he would have fun and then return to us safe and sound.

I bet I can guess who you would have preferred hanging out with for the past 8 days!?!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow, now that is a camping trip. It's like the set of Cast Away. And your weekend without Daddy and hubby sounds like a fun-filled time...but I know you were thinking about your best bud every second! :) Glad he had a great time and happy he's now home safe.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...