I recently posted 25 random things about myself on Facebook but I realize that not everyone is on Facebook. So here is the list I came up with. How many of these things did you actually know about me?
1. I am from Long Island but have never prounounced it Lawng Guylund.
2. I am a true blue fan of both the New York Giants and the New York Yankees.
3. The first football game I watched from start to finish was in 1983 - Super Bowl XVII - Washington Redskins vs. Miami Dolphins. I was cheering for the Redskins because a boy in our class was being obnoxious Friday afternoon at the bus stop claiming that the Dolphins were going to destroy the Redskins. He was annoying me so I silently decided that I was going to watch the game and cheer for the Redskins. The Redskins won. I became a huge football fan. I never said anything to the boy but smiled at the fact that he was wrong.
4. I love my family!!!
5. My sister is my bestest friend.
6. I'm a tell-you-like-it-is kind of gal.
7. I despise apathy.
8. Lack of critical thinking and analysis concerns me. It bothers me when people are impressed by those that give speeches that lack substance and yet, are dubbed as profound. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear- give me the bare-boned facts.
9. My family never moved durning my childhood but I experienced 7 school changes from preschool - 12th grade. The longest period of time I was in the same school was high school - 4 consecutive years.
10. I did not have my ears pierced until I was 20 years old.
11. I married my best friend. We met the first Zoology Lab at college. We became lab partners and friends...15 months later we started to date.
12. When I was younger, I wanted to be a bus driver on Monday, a teacher on Tuesday, a nurse on Wednesday, a mommy on Thursday and a hair stylist on Friday.
13. I entered college with aspirations of becoming a pediatrician. Organic Chemistry and God changed my mind.
14. I engraved elevator panels to help pay for college. I also learned to machine the holes, spot weld and assemble the components on the panels. I still look at the panels everytime I am in an elevator.
15. I love to crochet - hats and afghans are my favorites right now.
16. I'm afraid of my sewing machine. I joke that it's fifteen years old and brand new. I got it as a wedding present.
17. I am passionate about worshipping God.
18. My favorite apples are Fuji. They are crunchy and sweet. I detest mushy apples.
19. During my first pregnancy I developed an aversion to apple juice. My son is 7-1/2 and the smell of it still turns my stomach.
20. My first grey hair was discovered by my sister when I was nineteen.
21. People don't scare me. Disobedience to God does.
22. I like change.
23. My favorite colors are purple and green - but purple outranks green every time.
24. If I had to choose between pink and blue, I would choose blue. Maybe that is why God blessed me with two sons? :)
25. When I don't understand why things happen the way they do (sickness, death, etc.) and am frustrated, the one truth I hold onto is this "God is God".
05 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
4 comments:
That's to cool about the elevator thing. Now everytime I go in one I will think of you!
#13. Organic chemistry, yes, oh the memories! :)
Everyone isn't on facebook? Can that be true?
Just kidding or as we say over on facebook: j/k
This was fun to read! I love fuji's too and there were several others we were alike in :) I got a facebook acct about a month ago, we should be friends :) I just don't know your name.
Post a Comment