19 January 2009

Week Two: This Weeks Number...

It's Monday. Time for accountability with the ladies participating at Created & Called.

Natalie posed the question of what is the greatest accountability. Truth is my husband Simms (who is also my best friend) and my boys are my best daily accountability. The reason why is because they are the individuals that I am with the most. This past week, when Simms was working late (meaning he didn't get home until after 9PM), my boys attempted to join me in my 20 minute shred workout. They told me that is was really hard while taking breaks throughout the time frame. I couldn't help but smile thinking I'm trying to trim the fat off my abs (and other body parts) while they could simply go from no fat to a 6 pack! LOL. When we were done there were hi-fives all around. That was encouraging!

So how did I do? That is the burning question isn't it?

Considering everything that transpired this week, it was a success and now I'm looking forward to the new week. Here are the details: I missed 2 days of exercising which isn't great but isn't horrible either. There were also two evenings where dinner was anything but the usual. Our anniversary was Thursday night and then we had the luxury of going to the Hershey Chocolate Ball on Saturday night. I obviously ate more than my usual portion/allotted calories. Then we had pizza yesterday while watching the football games. Like I said, not the usual but the truth is that there are going to be days and occasions that will come up and I should be able to enjoy a meal that isn't the norm.

Alright, alright - here is how the numbers came out. I know this to the tenth because the Wii Fit is that detailed. From last Monday morning until Thursday I was thrilled because I had lost three pounds! Woo hoo! However, the buttery seafood and biscuits that I enjoyed on our Anniversary caused me to increase. So did the sea bass, chocolate mousse and other high calorie luxuries that I enjoyed on Saturday night. I'm sure the pizza didn't help either. Ultimately down to the tenth, from last Monday to this Monday, my weight is unchanged. I could have just told you that but it didn't seem to do justice to all the nitty gritty detail. So there you have it - officially I have neither gained nor lost any weight in 7 days.

Thankfully I face this new week with great expectations. I know that I continued to build and tone muscle last week which is great. I also know that I don't have any extravagant dinners to partake in this week. And so I move forward with my plan to exercise, eat right and drink more water!

1 comment:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Hey... you actually avoided gaining 3 pounds, right? Because without trying to get fit, you still would have gone out for your anniversary and to the Chocolate ball and would've had pizza with football. You go girl!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...