I find it interesting to observe the differences between my boys. One difference where I am involved is how I do my hair. Jeter doesn't have any real opinion about it. He tells me that I always look good "You're pretty all the time Mama. You don't ever need to do anything." *smile* He's so sweet!
Barber tells me that I'm pretty but he is also strongly opinionated about my hair. Why? I have no idea. I joke that he takes after my cousin Bones who prefers when women wear their hair down and have it long. Crazy thing is Barber has never heard Bones say this and we only see him maybe once a year. Meanwhile, Bones has long hair and it's always in a pony tail. Anyway, even when Barber was 2, he would protest to my hair being in a ponytail and would try to pull at it. I figured it was because Mommy didn't look the same.
Since then, he has asked me "Mommy, why do you put your hair up like that?". I told him that sometimes it is easier for Mommy to do especially when I have a lot of work to do that day - cleaning specifically. He then said (smiling) "Okay but I don't like it that way." Thankfully, what I think about myself is not wholly based on the whims of my 4 year old.
Yesterday I was very busy in the morning and then had to get Barber to preschool. I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail and while I was doing so, this was our conversation:
Barber: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Barber: I have a question for you.
Me: Okay.
Barber: Why are you doing that to your hair? Remember...you said you did that when you were working and cleaning and you are not doing that right now so...? C'mon Mom. Leave your hair down.
Me: Barber, I'm glad you like my hair down but trust me honey, right now, this really looks better. After I bring you to preschool Mommy is going to exercise and then get ready for a meeting. So I need it up right now.
Barber: Okay.
And we hurried out the door to get him to preschool.
The thing is, he is just sharing his thoughts with me and is not being malicious or mean. I know that. I actually find it kind of humorous considering Simms and Jeter don't talk much about my hair. What is it about Barber that causes him to take notice? He never comments about other people or their hair. Just me. I guess that makes me special? LOL.
23 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
My 15 year old Fire also is opininated about my hair. He likes long hair and he says so. What is it with men and long hair on women anyway?
Actually, it DOES make you very special. I think it's sweet that he even notices. :-)
Post a Comment