26 January 2009

Week Three: Crunches, Jumping Jacks and Lunges! Oh My!

The question Natalie posed for this week is What kind of exercise do I enjoy most? Enjoy? Ha!

Okay...seriously...when I was younger my favorite thing to do was run. I loved running. When I was in college that was my stress reliever. I would head down to the indoor track at 10PM and run 3 miles. My mind felt cleared and able to focus. I also liked aerobics and would go with my roomies to classes a couple times each week when they were in session.

That ended up being the problem after college however - I liked running on a track. I don't know if it's because of where I grew up but I never felt safe running outdoors around the neighborhood. My parents wouldn't let me do that when I was younger but even now, living in an area that seems far safer, I'm still not comfortable with it. The treadmill is good and I feel good afterwards but it isn't my favorite. I still enjoy aerobics - my favorite is step and I do that at home.

However, the exercise that I really enjoy now is Jillian's circuit training where you alternate between strength training, cardio and abs. I'm not seeing pounds pour off in leaps and bounds but I am seeing visible changes in my bodies composition - if that makes sense. It is also not a major daily time commitment. 20 minutes is very doable. It's also great that Simms will do this workout with me. With all of those factors, I would say that right now, this is the exercise that I enjoy the most.

And the tally for pounds? Since last Monday I have lost 2 pounds which gives me a total of 7 pounds that I have said good-bye to in the last 3 weeks! Hooray! I know it could have been a higher number because I missed 3 days of exercise for various crazy reasons but I'm still happy with the results. On to a new week...

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! Great job! I'm looking forward to working with Jillian this week. I'm hoping she takes it easy on me :)

Kelli said...

Good for you!!

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm doing a happy dance for you (see? that's EXERCISE!)!

Good job! :-)

Anonymous said...

that's great. make sure you are drinking about 8 16oz of H20 each day, as well. love rayda

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow, that's awesome! Great going.

I'm hearing such good things about that routine. I'm interested in the title, is it the Biggest Loser Workout series?

Anonymous said...

7 lbs is great!!! :)
The biggest thing is making exercise a habit, and like you said, for me getting out to exercise is a great way to get rid of stress!!

Anonymous said...

P.S Saw your blog on facebook! :)

Mrs. C said...

Thank you ALL for your encouragement!!!

Rayda...I'm drinking water but I'm happy if I drink 64 oz a day. That's my goal. Thrills...did you read that? If I consumed 128 oz a day I don't think I would eat anything! Hmmm...on second thought... ;) Just kidding.

Beautiful Grace said...

Wonderful! Keep it up, girl.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...