Where to begin? As 2008 is drawing to a close (in 13 more days) and many prepare to join with their families and celebrate, I've been reflecting. Typically I have enjoyed this time - it has provided an opportunity for me to give thanks for what God has done in my life and in my family. I've been able to see how we've grown, matured, etc.
This year was different. My time of reflection has been a struggle. Picture if you will a woman who has been running - it's been storming outside so her appearance is disheveled, hair wet and stuck to her face, clothes clinging to her, dirty from the times she has probably stumbled in the road. Tired. Hungry. Weary. Energy is lacking and to onlookers she appears confused but she continues - even though it seems that her journey has already been more than she can endure. Pictorially this is how I feel.
This has been a tough year for my corner. In my reflection, I see battle wounds. Some have scarred over and others are still in the process of healing. During times of battle there is often a climax, a turning point. This week has been that for me. I've thought I am so ready to close the door on 2008. Please let this end. Let this wretched year be over. Make it stop. I feel weak. Exhausted. Done. But then at this very juncture - something inside won't let me stop. Although it seems like thousands of voices cry for surrender, there is this One voice that urges me on. As I attempt to object my mind remembers a Sunday service where our pastor was talking about the battle being the most difficult before breakthrough. The mere thought of breakthrough turns me into a puddle of tears. I continue to hear the voice, urging me to fight. Stand firm. But I'm so weak, I counter. And yet, somehow, I feel a little bit stronger and the voice grows in volume still urging me to stand firm.
Empty. Broken. Battered. Bruised. Tired. Weak. Weary.
I stand.
18 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
4 comments:
I will stand with you in prayer or whatever you need. Honestly!!! I will stand too!
To be honest, 2008 was a long anticipated one for me, yet, was my anticipation for nothing? No, I don't believe that! God's purposes always prevail, no matter how much we don't understand them!!!!
These last eight years have been ones that this little girl never imagined would have been possible, but they did exist and the batters and bruises and brokenness remain. The way I approach them is different now than even a few years ago. For that miracle, I give Jesus ALL THE GLORY!!!!!
God had dramatically proclaimed, back in 2001, the resolution of situation (more like a nightmarish play) in which I found myself to be playing the leading lady.
Yet, 2008, is ending and the play goes on. The cast, set in their roles, unwilling to receive the "New Beginning," God has so graciously offered for 2008.
What do I do, TCC? What do you do, TCC?
We Stand!!!! "With arms high and heart abandoned.
In awe of the One who gave it all!!!!" Hillsong
We will continue to minister to those hurting and Love those unlovely. It is the way of our Master. We will pour ourselves out as a drink offering for others, knowing that as we lay down our desires, our ways, Jesus is glorified!!!
May the Peace and Presence of Jesus fill you and your home right now. May you feel His pleasure in you, which far outweighs the accolades of men. May His touch, be to you as a healing balm in your soul. Bless you, bless you, bless you in Jesus name!!!! AMEN!!!
I can't help but think even though I don't know you very well, "surrender" is not a word in your vocabulary, mighty woman of God, unless, of course, you are surrendering to the will of our heavenly Father! There is a foundation in you that cannot be shaken.
Just an observation......
Praying for you and looking forward to getting together too.
Post a Comment