15 December 2008

Weekend Blitz

How would you have spent your weekend if one of your family members exhibited symptoms of stomach flu Thursday night and then your spouse came down with symptoms this morning?

Considering Christmas is only 10 days away, this is what I did:

Thursday night - Jeter got sick after Barber was in bed. He was immediately limited to his bedroom and one bathroom. Unfortunately all of this happened when Simms was NOT home. I went upstairs to check on him and found my poor little boy by the toilet. I walked in and then quickly walked out gagging. I then stayed in the hall way apologizing to him for my weak stomach. He told me it was alright and that he understood because he has a weak stomach too. He is so sweet - even when he is so sick. I prayed that Simms would get home soon and then suggested he put the lid down and flush as soon as possible.

Friday - Jeter stayed home from school. He took a shower as soon as possible as per my instruction. I scrubbed the bathroom and disinfected anything that Jeter could have possibly touched in the house. Washing hands throughout the day - just because became an instant family policy. LOL. I stayed home with the boys while Simms went to his company's Christmas party after work. I was kind of bummed because I like the people he works with and it would have been a fun night out for both of us. At the same time I'm grateful for the opportunity to be mom and take care of my boys. After they went to bed I wrapped all of their presents!

Saturday - Spent five hours working on Christmas presents for family members. Sorry - I can't give you any more details on this.

Sunday - Simms woke up feeling queasy. He was immediately sequestered to our bedroom for the entire day. I took care of the boys, made over 300 chocolate covered pretzels, spent another 2 hours on family member's presents and watched the Giants not play very well. Now, I'm going to bunk for the night downstairs and prep myself to disinfect the MBR and bath tomorrow.

Need. To. Stay. Healthy.

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...