25 November 2008

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

I saw this meme on a couple of blogs but they had eight for each category. I trimmed that number down to five. Feel free to join in on the fun. If you do, leave a comment. I'd be curious to see your answers.

Five favorite TV shows:
  • The Amazing Race
  • The Unit
  • Chuck
  • Life
  • 24

Five favorite restaurants

  • Macaroni Grill
  • Carrabba's
  • Thai Food
  • Colosseo's
  • Stocks

Five things that happened today:

  • Baked chocolate chip cookies - Barber couldn't wait to taste one and make sure it passes the test. Jeter has a couple waiting for him when he gets home from school.
  • Baked a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. Mom Campbell's recipe.
  • Had the dentist's office call me while I was driving to my appointment to tell me that I missed the appointment that I was en route for. Their records had me scheduled for 12:20PM and my records said 12:50PM. Just add another reason why I don't like the dentist.
  • Drove Jeter to school so that he could deliver the 12 pumpkin chocolate chip breads to his teachers. Yes, you read that right - twelve. That's what happens when your son has a giving heart and wants to bless ALL of his teachers - past and present, including the nurse, principal, music, art, gym, bus driver, etc.
  • Emptied my dishwasher and have continued to have a sink empty of dishes - even after all this baking. This is no small feat for me.

Five things I am looking forward to:

  • Thanksgiving with family.
  • December 1st - when our family begins their study of 24 men/women of the Bible who were visited by God or a messenger of God.
  • Christmas - celebrating the birth of our Savior and spending time with family.
  • Going on my first cruise with Simms to celebrate our 15 years of marriage.
  • MIA's Mama's Got Talent - December 9th.

Five things on my wish list:

  • Dyson vacuum
  • Digital camera
  • New garage door opener
  • A weekend to work on my stuff - scrapbooks, crochet, organizing pictures, etc.
  • Total healing for my family - specifically Simms, Rayda, my Dad.

1 comment:

Promises said...

This was fun to read - I was going to also do this, but other things have come up! :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...