01 December 2008

Riddle Me This

What would cause me to dress myself with five layers on top and two layers on bottom and then purposefully be in the constant rain for about 3-1/2 hours?

Need some more information to answer that question? Here are some hints:

Top Layers:
1. Under Armour Long Sleeve Shirt.
2. Jersey with the number "31" on it.
3. Hooded sweatshirt
4. LandsEnd Squall Jacket
5. Hooded Jacket that is lined with sweatshirt material.

Bottom Layers:
1. Leggings
2. Lined windpants

Also...two pairs of sock and hiking boots.

One final clue - the numbers 23 and 7 are very important.

(Cue theme song from Jeopardy)

Times up? Did you guess it? If so...don't read any further before you leave me a comment.

Simms and I received FREE tickets to the Giants/Redskins game at the Fed Ex Field. It was a 1:00 game and we were there until the very last second. Die hard fans. You know this mom will never complain about watching my boys play in the rain. The key is to be prepared and not care if you look 5 times your size! Oh...and the Giants won 23-7.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, what can I say! :) I wish you could have heard the band play Hail to the Redskins several more times......it was an ugly game for my team! And the Giants are just on fire. Glad you got to go! How did you get FREE tickets?????

Promises said...

you are too funny and a little "nuts" too - but, I would not want you any other way! I am so glad that you were able to go to another game!

Funny thing, I had no idea that you guys had gone to the game until Sunday evening, when I was talking with mom. So, when I was watching the game, I said outloud - "Boy, I feel sorry for those fans in the stands! They are soaked!" I had no idea that my sis and bro were among those soaken wet fans!
HA!

The Gang's Momma! said...

So glad you had fun. I love my Eagles, but I have to admit (sheepishly!) to being a couch fan. In front of my nice fireplace. In my cozy velour sweats with a steaming mug of coffee. With sugar free hazelnut creamer of course.

And I'm fairly certain that the game tomorrow (Sunday, the 7th) will be mostly a downer for the Eagles. Should be a happy day for you tho!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...