21 November 2008

First Snow...

Simms woke me up and told me that there was about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground! I have to admit to you, I smiled. I can't help it. At heart, I'm still a child that loves the snow.

Jeter came in to remind me that the book fair was at school today. I'm going in while his selection is made and then paying for it. I stopped by yesterday and quite frankly am horrified by the limited selection for the advanced reader. Anyway, that's another post. Back to snow. I told him that there was snow outside. He responded by cheering and then running down the hall to look out his bedroom window. He then ran to tell Barber and there was much jubilation!

Along with the first snow this season, we experienced more firsts...
  • the first time Barber and Jeter wore their snow boots.
  • the first time they were both outside well before 8 AM making snowballs and trying to get Daddy while he cleaned off the car.
  • the first time Barber welcomed the first snow and didn't complain about the cold. After Jeter left, he played in the backyard for almost an hour!
  • the first time the bus picked up Jeter 25 minutes late. It was a substitute that circled the block 2 times and finally picked them up! Trusting (and praying) that Jeter got to school safe and sound.
  • the first time that I am making hot chocolate and it just feels right.

It's now 9:20 AM and I have a smile on my face and believe it or not, waking up to snow had something to do with it.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, I could have a long conversation with you about book fairs and the lack of good books for any reading level! Head over to Musings of a Housewife for a lively discussion going on just that subject.

Promises said...

YAY for the first snoe - for Smiles! I was all excited about the snow and so was Brady - no snow playtime yet, but maybe tomorrow (or tonight) if the snow is still around.

I am not sure if I will bring Smiles out - maybe for a photo, but I don't want him to get sick since his surgery is soon! (don't want him sick anyway!)

Hands-Free Heart said...

Me too... I love snow! I was thrilled that it continued on and off the rest of the day.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...