15 February 2007

Too Cold. No. Stay Inside.

We finally got some snow!

Jeter had an early dismissal from school on Tuesday and the schools were closed yesterday and today. Even Simms' office closed yesterday! We had a wonderful family day (after we shoveled for 2+ hours) - mostly inside because of the freezing rain/snow mixture that was still falling - although Simms and Jeter braved the cold for some sledding time while Barber napped.

Today, I was looking forward to some fun in the snow with my boys! After lunch I started to get them ready to brave the freezing temperatures outside. So on went the snow pants, warm jackets, boots, hats, hoods, gloves and mittens. This is definitely a time-consuming task but one that is worth the reward of smiles, fun and tons of giggles! Jeter and Barber were so excited to go outside and play in the snow! So was their Mommy! Then it happened...

Jeter opened the back door and Barber felt the cold wind on his face. He stopped dead 3 feet from the door. He would not budge, saying "Too cold. No. Stay inside."

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?

No words could coax him to change his mind. So off came the gloves, hats, jacket, snow pants, boots, etc. He and I played inside while I watched Jeter play outside with the dog.

We'll try again tomorrow and the next day...at some point Barber will hopefully step out the door. Snow is just way too fun to not enjoy as a family!

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...