We purchased one of those First Act guitars for Jeter when he was 2. It was $20. Doesn't stay in tune but it works for the purpose of musical experimentation for a 2 year old. Three years later, Jeter still plays with it once in a while but Barber absolutely LOVES playing the guitar. He will strum the strings all at once an even does his own version of picking.
Barber has even written a song of sorts. Please allow me to set the mood as best I can. Picture an almost 3 year old sitting with his guitar, looking at you with a most adorable, charming smile (He gets that from his Daddy). Then he starts strumming hard and loud. The eyebrows become furrowed, the eyes slant...his face almost looks angry. And then these lyrics pour out of his mouth with the sound of a rocker who is yelling more than singing:
I love Mommy! I love Daddy! I love PapaMimaPoppyGrammie! I love (list continues with aunts and uncles names)!
And sometimes there is a bridge that goes something like this:
I love Daddy! I love Daddy! Yeah!
I love Daddy! I love Daddy! Yeah!
Yup...he loves his family...LOUDLY!
19 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
That is SO cute, I can't wait to see him and hear him do this!
That is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever heard of. . . I hope that you have that on video!! His wife needs to see that one day! How fun that he already has such an interest in music! I wonder if that is a foreshadowing of things to come!!
By the way, I wanted to let you know that I answered your question to the comment on my post in another comment. It was a mold, and I wish that I could just let you borrow it!! But, anyway, I left more info in a comment under the one you left.
Post a Comment