
Melissa and Livin' Life were correct - partially. I know others of you must have guessed correctly as well - like Mr. Thrills. Yes, the New York Giants played their first game of the season but more than that - for football fans everywhere - the kickoff last night also marked the beginning on the 2008 season of football and everyone can be happy about that, no matter what team is your favorite!
Some highlights and other thoughts:
- It was so awesome that they started the game earlier so that Barber and Jeter could watch at least part of the game. Barber stayed up until half time and quite reluctantly went up to bed. We actually let Jeter stay up for the entire game.
- The start of the game was awesome for us NYG fans. Strahan really enjoyed getting that stadium rockin'. I even got goosebumps!
- It was so great to see Eli run it in for a touchdown after juking out his opponent.
- Jacobs was on fire!
- Where is Boss? I didn't see a lot of action from him.
- Burress looked good as did Smith and Ward.
- I'd like to see more from Toomer offensively and Tuck defensively.
- Can you believe Pierce headbutted his opponent at the end of a scuffle without his helmet (it got pulled off). That wasn't very smart.
- I was praying for Smoot. He was in a lot of pain. I don't like to see anyone badly hurt regardless of what team they play for.
- Giants got a lot of penalties last night. The one call for face mask was totally wrong. What were the officials looking at?
- For how much we dominated the game, the score should have been higher than 16-7. Our offensive coaches and players need to make the proper adjustments.
- Some of Eli's passes were great, some were way off target. He also needs to stop telegraphing them.
2 comments:
Aaaaw, so fun! Sunday is our big season opener and I promised the kids a football after church lunch. Shaggy interpreted that to mean tons of frozen deep fried foods pouring from the kitchen and my oven. I was thinking soft pretzels, veggie and dip and pizza. Maybe cheesesteaks if he's good to me :)
Congrats Giant fan!
I actually got so busy and tired on Thursday night.....I actually forgot about watching the game! Which as a Skins fan, it was probably a good thing. :)
Post a Comment