1. First time I actually went for a real walk since the incident with my ankle. Hooray!
2. Jeter, Barber and I stepped foot in a Chick-fil-A. We had coupons for free kids meals as a result of them completing VBS in June. So the boys got a nice little surprise. So did I. I had no idea that they had a play area. Bonus - especially because there was no ball pit. I've heard too many not-so-good stories about ball pits. We also ran into some friends. Double bonus.
That aside - here are my unsolicited observations about Chick-fil-A
- Pleasant and clean atmosphere
- Friendly service especially since I must have looked like a deer in headlights. It was as if I never set foot in a fast food restaurant. Granted we don't frequent them but still - did I have to ask her what I was supposed to do after I paid her?!?
- No value menu. Bummer. At least their food was free.
- It's good to have the inside scoop - our friends (who have obviously been there before) let me know about the children being allowed to trade in their toy from the kids meal for an ice cream cone. They also let me know that the fountain drinks are refillable. You just have to ask.
- 7 year olds think the Chick-fil-A marketing is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.
- 4 year olds with 7 year old brothers laugh at anything the 7 year old thinks is funny.
- Their chicken is really good. The cows aren't kidding. But I would prefer a sandwich or bowl of soup from the Panera next door sans kids.
1 comment:
I wish that I would have known about the ice cream cone and toy thing - we would have totally doen that with Brady's when we went!
Heads up - on Labor day they are giving away chicken strips if you wear a football team shirt, etc. - we might do it! We will have to see what is going on
Post a Comment