22 August 2008

Remedy for a Scraped Knee

Barber's Remedy:
  • Blanket
  • Spot (his most favorite stuffed dog)
  • Milk
  • Snuggling with his Mama

Mama's Initial Remedy:

Clean the scrape with moist towelette. That's not going to work because the one in my trusted Pedia-Pak is dried up. We were obviously out-and-about and far from the comforts of our own home. Hmm...all I have is an alcohol wipe. With no other feasible options, I did it. Even though I never ever wanted to do the thing that I hated most as a child. I cleaned his knee with the alcohol wipe before I covered it with a bandage and triple antibiotic ointment. He cried and I almost did too. Alcohol burns. All I could do was tell him how sorry I was that it burned and emphasize that the burning means that all the germs are gone. I then quickly deferred to Barber's Remedy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, now I feel bad. You should have told me. I could have helped you out. Sorry!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaaaw, I'm so sorry! I remember having a tumble in a KMart parking lot many years ago and having to wait to tend to it till we got in the store and could buy the stuff we needed. It wasn't bad, but Dr. D never handled pain and blood all that well at that age . . . . it was a sad moment. Feel better soon Barber!

Livin' Life said...

We have done the same thing especially out camping with limited supplies. i feel your pain because I too hated it as a kid. But you are a great mama with the comforting.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...